Troubleshoot: Internet Connection Not Working
Learn a few ways to fix your Internet when it’s down.
If you open a web browser, and your home page isn’t loading. Or if you get a message like, “Page not displayed” or “Page cannot be found” for a URL you know is correct, try troubleshooting your connection.
There could be several reasons why your Internet may not be working.
- Check all the cables that connect to the Internet, and ensure that they are securely in place.
- Power cycle your router.
- Try connecting your computer/laptop/device directly to the Novus network using an Ethernet cable, without connecting it to your router.
To power cycle your router
- First unplug your router’s power source from the back of the router.
- Keep the router unplugged and wait for 10 seconds.
- After 10 seconds, reconnect the power source.
- Finally, wait for 5 minutes before retrying your Internet connection.
Your device may not be registered
- If when you open your web browser, you keep getting sent to the Authentication page, chances are it’s because the device you’re using is not yet registered on our network
- Follow the steps to registering your device here.
If you continue to experience difficulties, there is a possibility that something is wrong with our network, please contact us.