Company operating name and business address:
Novus Entertainment Inc. 112 E 3rd Ave #300, Vancouver, BC V5T 1C8, Canada
Position Title: Communication Construction Technician (NOC 7245)
Work location: Vancouver
Remuneration: $49,000 per annum
Full Benefits: After 3 months
Possible Advancement: Yes
Job Description: Be part of the Novus engineering team that is responsible for keeping Novus as awesome as possible.
Or, more specifically, the installation, construction, repair and the maintenance of existing and future Cable Television and High Speed Internet services and equipment as a Communication Construction Technician (NOC 7245). This is a full-time permanent position with English as the primary work language.
You’ll also be maintaining our friendly reputation through exceptional customer service during appointments and interactions.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Install, maintain and repair underground telephone and other telecommunication transmission and distribution lines, cables and associated hardware
• Terminate, splice and repair various types and sizes of telephone and other telecommunication cables including single line, coaxial and fibre optic
• Inspect and test telecommunication transmission lines and cables for transmission characteristics and to locate faults
• Analyze and record test results
• Climb and work aloft on poles, ladders or other support structures or work in confined spaces such as manholes, service vaults and crawl spaces
• Maintain and service existing network services.
• Outside plant audits, maintenance and installations.
• Install, diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair technical problems in a proficient manner.
• Communicate with other workers to co-ordinate the preparation and completion of work assignments
• Perform other duties as required
• Promote Novus products and services
Must be able to:
• Work various shifts including days, nights and weekends. Also work overtime when necessary (overtime paid in accordance with the Canada Labour Code).
• Follow all company policies and procedures.
• Minimum Grade 12 education
• At least 3 years of directly related work experience in telecommunications
• Experience working in Customer Service focused environment.
• Must have team-oriented mentality.
• Computer knowledge in MS programs an asset
• Must possess a valid driver’s license with clean driving record
• Structured cable experience required, IE: Cat5e and CAT6 cabling and co-ax
• Experience placing and splicing fibre optic cable, IE: Outside and Inside fibre
• Experience with aerial and underground telecommunications structures
• Must be able to use hand/power tools and testing equipment.
• Must be able to handle bending, climbing, lifting heavy objects (i.e. ladders)
• Require excellent analytical skills and ability to take initiative and prioritize
• Demonstrated hands-on technical ability.
• Require strong communication skills – written and verbal.
Come join the Novus Family! We’d love to have you aboard.
Please e-mail your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax: 604.685.7832
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for your interest in this position. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.