Requirements for 2.5 GIG Speeds
1. Novus supplies Calix GP1100X ONT (Optical Network Terminal) with 2.5GE network interface.
2. Customer will need to provide their own Multigig Ethernet adapter. NBASE-T 802.3bz capable.
- USB-C 3.1 to 2.5GBASE-T Ethernet Adapter
- TUC-ET2G (Version v1.0R)
- IEEE 802.3bz 2.5GBASE-T compliant
- USB-C 3.1 connection interface
- 2.5GBASE-T supports up to 2.5Gbps connection speeds
- Compatible with existing Cat5e or better cablingTUC-ET2G (Version v1.0R)
Minimum recommended PC Requirements for 2.5Gbps speed testing
- 9th Gen Intel or newer with at least 6 cores
- AMD Ryzen Zen 2 or newer with at least 6 cores
- An internal PCI-E or onboard card, but can also be an external addon using USB-C or Thunderbolt connection
- There are not going to be a lot of laptops or budget PC’s with these kind of specs. Pushing traffic through at these speeds is very CPU intensive. Laptop’s especially will have difficulties hitting these speeds due to the power saving technology inherently built in to them.