How to Connect Your Calix U4 Router
Connecting your Novus U4 Router
What’s in the box?
Router + Power + Ethernet.
Connecting the Router
- Connect the Ethernet cable: from the wall jack or patch panel port to the port on the back of the router labeled as WAN.
a) OR b) c)
a) Wall Jack
b) Patch panel – main connection is on port 8 for this example
c) Back of the router
- Connect the Power Cord: Connect to available wall electrical socket and the routers power port.
- Turn Router On: The light on the left at the back should turn on automatically and flash RED.
- Boot-Up: Allow the device to fully boot-up (about 4 minutes) until the light is solid BLUE.
*There may be multiple outlets in your home, however only 1 will give the active connection. Please try all available outlets before contacting support*
- Connect to the WiFi: Select the wifi network name that starts with, “NOVUS_” followed by the SSID located on the sticker that is on the side of your router. When prompted for the password or passphrase enter the WPA Key which is also listed on the side of our router.
Below is how the sticker looks like on the side of the router
What is 5G?
When connecting to the WiFi you may see two identical network (SSID) names but one has _2.4 and the other has 5G at the end. The one with 5G, otherwise known as 5GHz, is by far a superior wireless connection to its 2.4GHz counterpart.
While both networks will provide a strong WiFi connection, 2.4GHz generally offers better range or coverage, while 5GHz delivers improved WiFi speeds.
If your device can see the 5GHz connection; that means it is supported and you should connect to this network for better device connectivity and wireless speed. If your device cannot see the 5GHz network; that means it is not supported and you should connect to the 2.4GHz network.
Should you run into any further issues, please do not hesitate to contact our Tech Support at 604.642.6688.