Regular TV | Troubleshoot: Loss of Audio and/or Video
Try an HDMI handshake:
If your TV is connected with an HDMI cable, and you are experiencing complete loss of audio and video, audio only, or video only, an HDMI handshake may resolve the issue.
- Turn off the power from both devices connected to the HDMI cable
- Unplug the HDMI cable from both devices
- After 10 seconds, reconnect the HDMI cable to both devices
- Power up your devices in this order: HDTV then digital box.
Learn how to change your TV input:
This can fix the problem when you have only sound, or only picture. Or when your TV displays the message, “Check input.”
If you are not receiving both picture and sound on your TV (or you’re receiving only sound or only picture, but not both together), chances are you need to change the input setting on your TV.
Here’s how to change your TV input. Some TVs may refer to the TV input as Video source.
- First get your TV remote (not the remote provided by Novus).
- Change your TV input from its current setting (by pressing either Input, Source, or TV/Video) to HDMI/Component. Depending on your TV, you may have more than one HDMI setting or component setting (i.e. HDMI 1, HDMI 2, etc).
- Scroll through each option until you reach the one that shows both picture and sound together.
If this doesn’t work, please contact us.