Setting up email on your computer
Learn how to set up your email on your computer using Microsoft Outlook, Outlook Express or Mac Mail.
You can set up your Novus mail on your computer’s email program.
Microsoft Outlook for Windows 7 and earlier
- In Outlook, go to Tools and click on Email Accounts.
- Click Add.
- Select POP3 and enter in your user information including your name, email address, username and password. Then, enter in the incoming server (mail.novuscom.net) and the outgoing server (smtp.novuscom.net).
- Then, click on more settings and select Internet Email Settings.
- Once in the Internet email settings, select My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
- Then, select connection header and select LAN. Click OK and Finish.
Outlook Express and Windows Mail for Windows 7 and earlier
- In Outlook Express or Windows Mail, go to Tools and click on Accounts.
- Them, click on the folder header mail and click on add and select mail.
- Enter in your display name and type in your Novus email address.
- Select POP3 as a server type and enter the incoming server (mail.novuscom.net) and the outgoing server (smtp.novuscom.net).
- Enter your username and password.
- Under Outgoing Mail Server, select My server requires authentication and click Finish.
Mac Mail for Mac OS X
- In Mac Mail, go to Mail and click on Add Account.
- Under Add Account enter in the following information: your full name, your email address and your password.
- Under incoming mail server, select POP and enter in Novus under description. For the incoming mail server, enter in mail.novuscom.net then enter your username and password.
- Under outgoing mail server, enter in Novus under description and enter in smtp.novuscom.net for the outgoing mail server. Also select use authentication and enter in your username and password.
- Click create.
The Windows 8 mail app currently does not support POP based email addresses. However, there is an app for download in the Windows store.